October 8, 2020
I am happy to announce that after months of the club closure we will be reopening on November 1, 2020. The protocols and procedures moving forward will be announced on our website in the near future.
July 21, 2020
What to Expect When GHSC Reopens during Phase 3
To: GHSC Club Members
First, let me thank you for your continuing support of the Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club. Thank you for allowing this club to serve the Gig Harbor community for 73 years. As soon as the State and City allows us to reopen, the Club will again provide a safe, friendly, and economical facility for the shooting sports.
During the shutdown we have been working to prepare the facility to safely operate in the current COVID-19 environment. Our goal is to assure that our Club members and staff are safe when using the facility and that we comply with State and City rules.
When we are allowed to resume shooting, which I hope is soon, there will necessarily be some changes to our operating procedures. I have added our Draft procedures to the Club’s website. The plan will remain a “Draft” until we see the final instructions from the State and will be modified as needed.
The major changes that you can expect when we first reopen are:
- Masks will be required in the Clubhouse, the Rifle/Pistol building, and the Archery building. Masks will be required when shooting rifle or pistol.
- Social distancing will be enforced everywhere on Club grounds.
- New memberships will not be accepted.
- Training and orientations will not be offered.
- Cash will not be accepted. Only credit, debit, or Trap punch cards will be accepted for shooting fees. Checks will be accepted for memberships renewals; however, we strongly recommend renewing on line.
- Facilities will be disinfected regularly.
- Only half of the shooting lanes will be used for rifle/pistol shooting. We will open all shooting lanes as soon as we can do so legally and safely.
All of these changes are temporary. We will return to our normal procedures as allowed under Stage 4 of the Governor’s reopening plan ‘Safe Start’. We will modify some of these new procedures as the situation and government rules allow. Please keep in mind if we do not follow the rules mandated by the State the penalty will be the loss of our Business License
We earlier indicated that the Club would extend annual memberships by three months to account for the closure. That decision was reached when we expected to reopen around this time. We will review that decision when we see how long the closure lasts.
Like many of you, I am more than ready to begin enjoying the club’s facilities and our shooting sports as soon as possible. I hope to see you at the Club in the near future. Until then, stay safe.