News & Events
Whether your game is rifle, pistol, shotgun or archery, you are sure to find a way to enjoy your sport at the Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club. Be sure to check back frequently for the latest and greatest news.
Good Afternoon fellow Club members,
I sincerely hope that this message finds you and yours adapting as well as can be expected to the current COVID-19 situations and protocols while still finding time to enjoy life. We all hope to see a return to “normal” sooner rather than later.
As you know from our previous election email, July 21, 2020 is the official closing date for nominations for the open Board Member and Officer positions for our upcoming election. Nominations were to close at the regularly scheduled Board Meeting, and the nominees were to be given the opportunity to present themselves to the Club and to the Board and to give all of us a little information about themselves and why they would like to be elected to serve the GHSC. Elections were then scheduled to take place at the annual Club meeting on August 20, 2020. The GHSC protocol calls for nominations to be accepted from the floor during the Annual Meeting for the scheduled election. Unfortunately, Phase II COVID-19 protocol prohibits meetings of more than 5 persons and consequently the July 21st board meeting and the August 20th Annual Meeting schedules will need to be modified.
Your Board of Directors have modified the 2020 election schedule as follows:
- Election nominations will close as scheduled on July 21st. (As there will not be a meeting on July 21st, email nominations will be accepted until midnight on July 21st.)
- The Annual Meeting on August 20, 2020 will be a “virtual” annual meeting. All Club venue chairpersons will submit their annual reports and a summary of the Club’s activities will be emailed to all members.
- In an effort to accommodate the “normal” write-in nomination procedures while adhering to a COVID-19 dictated “virtual” Annual Meeting, “write-in” nominations will be accepted by the election committee via email until midnight August 20, 2020.
- 30 days after Pierce County enters Phase III of the COVID-19 recovery plan, the GHSC will hold a “drive-in” election for the open Officer and Board Member positions at the GHSC. Details of this “drive-in” election will be emailed to all Club members at a later date.
The information below is a recap of the positions available for this year’s election and the qualifications for those positions.
The following positions will be voted on this year:
Two 3-year Board Member positions (both incumbents have indicated that they will not run)
Two 2-year Officer positions – the Membership Secretary position and the Treasurer position (both incumbents are running).
The following nomination rules must be followed:
- Nomination of officers and directors shall be presented at the July board of directors meeting by the board of directors. (July 21, 2020) (Amended above)
- Nominations may also be made from the floor at the annual meeting. (Amended above)
- Persons nominated must have given their prior consent in a signed statement to be emailed to the election committee.
- Nomination may be made by any member in good standing. Nominees must be members in good standing of the Club for at least twelve (12) months. Nominees are encouraged to submit a brief introduction of themselves (1 paragraph) for the Club website.
- Absentee Ballot information will be published on the Club website in early following the August 20th “virtual Annual Meeting.”
- Only nominations received by midnight August 20, 2020 will be on the ballot.
Thank you for your patience during these trying times. We all look forward to our returning to our times of fun and fellowship when the Club reopens.
GHSC Election Committee
“To provide a facility and organization that safely, enjoyably, and economically allows our members, guests, and our community to participate in the shooting sports and fellowship of the Club.”