The Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club welcomes new members.
NEW MEMBERSHIP AND INITIATION FEES TAKE EFFECT JANUARY 01, 2020
Individual and Family memberships are available in the Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club (GHSC). Current [not expired] members receive member-only pricing for various fees and supplies.
- The membership period is twelve months from when you sign up and pay the initial membership fee.
- Family memberships include:
- The member and his/her spouse or significant other.
- Dependent children under the age of 18.
- Note that children under the age of 18 pay the same fees whether they are members or not – so unless your spouse will be using the range, a family membership is unnecessary.
- Family memberships DO NOT include extended family such as brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers, fathers, nieces, nephews, grandmother, grandfather, etc.
- LIFETIME Memberships are also available for ten times the annual rate.
- Memberships must be renewed within 30 days after they expire – otherwise the new member rates will apply.
- It is your responsibility to keep track of your expiration date and renew on time.
- You MUST PRESENT proof of current membership in order to receive member pricing.
Note: All new members are required to complete the Range Orientation Safety Briefing before using any of the shooting ranges. For more information, click here.
Filling out the Membership Application
- Membership applications must be filled out at the time the fee is paid (i.e. – we do not hand out applications to be taken home).
- Print legibly and press hard. The accuracy of your membership information will be dependent upon whether we can actually read your printing.
- Please list your spouse or significant other’s name on the application – and note the relationship of this person in parenthesis after the name. Check the box if you want an I.D. card for him/her.
- Also list children – under the age of 18 – with “son”, “daughter” and age in parenthesis after the age. Check the box if you want an I.D. card for them.
- After you pay the fee – the green copy will be returned to you. This is your temporary membership I.D. – bring it with you each time you come to the range, until you receive your permanent card in order to receive member pricing.
- It may take up to 6 weeks to receive your permanent card(s).
- The temporary I.D. (green copy) will be honored for two months after you join.
If you would like any additional information, please contact our Membership Chair.
BEGINNING JANUARY 01, 2020:
Annual membership dues, and initiation fees, are:
Single membership – $100.00
Family membership – $120.00
Single Life membership – $1000.00
Family life membership – $1200.00
Initiation fee – $50.00 for all classes of membership.
Any member who has joined the club prior to January 1, 2020, and renews their annual membership within 30 days of its expiration, will be renewed at their current rate of $50, or $60. Children who are listed on a Family membership, and reach 18 years of age will be allowed to purchase their own membership at the $50 or $60 rate if purchased within 30 days of their 18th birthday.
To clarify, if you have a family membership established before January 2020 and your child ages out of the Family membership (18 years of age), they will be eligible to receive a membership at the rate of $50 for Single and $60 for Family as long as they join within 30 days of their 18th birthday. To qualify, your child must be listed within the system and attached to your account.
If you are unsure, please contact the club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Child’s name, gender, full date of birth. This information is for internal records only and will not be released to any agency outside of GHSC. We do use general demographic information for City, County, CMP, and NRA information but the information given for these is general age ranges, not specific dates.
You must renew your membership before the end of the 30 day grace period allowed after the expiration date on your membership card to maintain the 2019 renewal rates. Failure to renew within the allotted time period will result in a corresponding rate increase to the newly approved levels. This will be strictly enforced, with no exception outside of Secretary mistake.
The renewal date is NOT when you receive your membership card, but the date you make the actual payment: in-person renewals will receive a receipt with the date of payment on it and mail-in renewals will have a postmark date, these will be the dates used for renewal.
If you know of a member that does not receive this email, please remind them they need to submit an email address to Membership as all renewal notifications are done by email.
If you wish to upgrade to a Life Membership after January 2020, you can do so at 10 times the Member’s current rate ($500 and $600 respectively) so long as you have maintained the above renewal requirements.
There will be a new field on the Membership card reflecting your Original Join Date (appearing on all cards beginning with September renewals except Life Member cards) so that the Range Officers performing your renewal can easily see if you are an existing member maintaining our current renewal rates.
The above membership rate changes and “grandfather” clause will remain in effect until such time that it is addressed and changed by majority attending membership vote at a future Annual Meeting and Election. Membership fee and Initiation fee increases went into effect January 1, 2020 for all new members and members not meeting the above listed renewal requirements.
Come join the fun today! You will be glad that you did.
“To provide a facility and organization that safely, enjoyably, and economically allows our members, guests, and our community to participate in the shooting sports and fellowship of the Club.”