The following rules are the most paramount in safe Gun Handling:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot. For our purposes “Ready to Shoot” means that the individual is on an assigned and approved firing position and the range has been cleared to fire.
- KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND.
- BE SURE YOUR GUN IS SAFE TO OPERATE.
- KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR GUN SAFELY.
- USE ONLY THE CORRECT AMMUNITION FOR YOUR GUN.
- WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION.
- NEVER USE ALCOHOL OR DRUGS BEFORE OR WHILE SHOOTING
- Be aware that certain firearms and types of shooting may require additional precautions.
Concealed or Open Carry of a sidearm, in accordance with State and Federal law, is allowed provided that:
- No one under the age of 21 may carry a sidearm either concealed or not, loaded or not, anywhere on club grounds.
- Except as provided under Washington State Law a holstered firearm must remain holstered unless on a firing line position at the Rifle & Pistol Range, and the range is ready for fire.
- Any firearms that are not holstered must remain unloaded until on an assigned and approved firing position at the Rifle & Pistol Range with the range ready for fire.
“To provide a facility and organization that safely, enjoyably, and economically allows our members, guests, and our community to participate in the shooting sports and fellowship of the Club.”