Pistol 101 includes:
• 3 hours of classroom instruction and 2 hours of coached live fire range.
• Multimedia classroom session includes hands-on practical exercises.
Pistol 101 students will learn:
• Rules for safe gun handling.
• Understanding of both semi-auto and revolver action types.
• How to load, unload, and make safe, common revolvers and semi-auto action types with hands on practical exercises.
• The fundamentals of pistol shooting with coached firing on the range.
• Ammunition components and their function.
• How to work through common malfunctions.
• Cleaning and storage of your firearms, and more.
Pistol 101 is perfect for beginners even if you have never shot before. It is also good for self-taught intermediate shooters who will benefit from professional instruction.
Also Pistol 101 is great for couples of mixed skill levels that are sharing a handgun for home defense.
Pistol 101 is open to the public. Club membership and Range Safety Orientation is not required.
When: Usually runs the LAST SATURDAY of the month. 2018 dates are as follows:
January 27, 2018
February 24, 2018 CLASS CANCELLED
March 31, 2018
April 28, 2018
May 26, 2018
June 30, 2018
July 28, 2018
August 25, 2018
September 29, 2018
Oct 27, 2018
Nov 24, 2018
Dec 29, 2018
Where: Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club
Advanced registration is required. Contact Karl for registration and payment information. There is no need to stop by the club to register and pay.
For information about other services offered, such as a NRA Personal Protection in the Home class, defensive shotgun orientation and an expansion of the Concealed Carry offerings, contact Karl. Click here for course descriptions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Phone: 253-200-5197 (message)