The Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club welcomes all members of the community to participate in a fun and safe archery experience.
The archery range is open Saturdays from 10-2. Please check the club’s calendar for any changes.
Notes about range use:
- Range Officers will provide coaching and safety orientation to archers at the range.
- As with other shooting venues at GHSC, archery is open to the public.
Fees: Minors $4, Members 18 and older $6, Non-Members $8, Active-duty Military $6.
- If you need archery equipment (take-down recurve, arrows, and safety equipment), we have them available for an additional fee of $2.
Birthday Parties – $250 (2-hours, equipment included, typically limited to 12 shooters, dependent on age and experience).
- When you enter the archery range, all range users are required to sign in.
- All range users must have signed a GHSC Archery waiver.
Permission to shoot at the Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club is at the discretion of the Range Officer. We encourage participants of all ages, but those incapable of handling the equipment in a safe and sane manner will not be allowed on the archery range. Anyone under the age of 18 must be supervised by a parent or designated adult, at all times.
Bag targets are available for both long and recurve bows at various yardages and may be moved either by the Range Officer or the participant with the Range Officer’s approval. We also have hurricane bag targets for compound bow archers, up to 70 yards.
- If you are bringing your own equipment, the Range Office may inspect your equipment and deem it safe or unsafe to use at GHSC archery range.
- Broad-head equipped arrows are prohibited.
- Archers must wear arm guards.
- Crossbows are not allowed at the range. Only compound, long, and recurve bows are allowed.
- All archers must retrieve their own arrows. This is permitted only after a ‘cease fire’ call has been issued. Archers are encouraged to retrieve any arrows encountered and return it to the rightful owner. The purpose of this is to decrease retrieval time. All archery equipment must remain in its stand until the ‘firing line is open’ command is given.
- No archer will proceed down range until advised to do so.
- No arrow may be nocked (attached to the bow string) until the firing line has been declared open by the Range Officer. Any arrow nocked when a cease fire is called may NOT be fired and must be immediately removed from the bow string and the arrow returned to the appropriate receptacle.
- Keep all arrows pointed down range when nocked.
- Only long bows or recurve bows may be used when shooting at aerial targets. Compound bows are not allowed to shoot at aerial targets.
- Only arrows designed for aerial archery (AKA “flu flu” arrows) may be used aerial targets.
- Individuals that have never shot a bow and arrow may only do so under the direct supervision of a Range Officer.
- No arrows shall be aimed any higher than the top of the intended target backstop. Persons observed ignoring this rule will be asked to leave the archery range and barred from further archery privileges.
- Shooters must leave the archery area as clean as or cleaner than they found it.
- You may not operate archery equipment or enter any range if you have consumed or are under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicant.
- The use of any tobacco product, as well as e-cigarettes, is prohibited on the range. Please use GHSC designated smoking areas.
- Each shooter is required to observe and comply with all range safety rules. Archers are and will be held responsible for their actions. Those that abuse this privilege will be asked to leave and will be banned from further participation.
The safety of our archers, other persons using the Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club facilities, and our neighbors is an absolute. Decisions made by the range officer are final and not open to further discussion.
“To provide a facility and organization that safely, enjoyably, and economically allows our members, guests, and our community to participate in the shooting sports and fellowship of the Club.”