NRA FIRST Steps is now Pistol 101!
Pistol 101 is the same highly rated format and content of the NRA FIRST Steps, but with a lower price! Pistol 101 is $75, but no longer includes a student text. The NRA stopped producing the student materials for FIRST Steps (presumably temporarily while they update).
Pistol 101 includes:
• 3 hours of classroom instruction and 2 hours of coached live fire range.
• Multimedia classroom session includes hands-on practical exercises.
Pistol 101 students will learn:
• Rules for safe gun handling.
• Understanding of both semi-auto and revolver action types.
• How to load, unload, and make safe, common revolvers and semi-auto action types with hands on practical exercises.
• The fundamentals of pistol shooting with coached firing on the range.
• Ammunition components and their function.
• How to work through common malfunctions.
• Cleaning and storage of your firearms, and more.
Pistol 101 is perfect for beginners even if you have never shot before. It is also good for self-taught intermediate shooters who will benefit from professional instruction. Also for couples of mixed skill levels that are sharing a handgun for home defense.
Club membership and Range Safety Orientation is not required.
Pistol 101 is open to the public.
When: Usually runs the LAST SATURDAY of the month. 2017 dates are as follows:
January 28, 2017
February 25, 2017
March 25, 2017
April 29, 2017
May 27, 2017
June 24, 2017
July 29, 2017
August 26, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
Nov 25, 2017
Dec 30, 2017
Where: Gig Harbor Sportsman’s Club
Advanced registration is required.
For information about other services offered, such as a NRA Personal Protection in the Home class, defensive shotgun orientation and an expansion of the Concealed Carry offerings, contact Karl. Click here for course descriptions.
Email email@example.com (preferred)
Phone: 253-200-5197 (message)